Centre for Holistic Studies, Mobile Clinic & Natural Apothecary
BRINGING WELLNESS TO YOUR DOOR STEP
© 2014 zero-
ON LINE Store Retail/Wholesale:
This is a 2 day/1 day Boot Camp course and includes both practical and theoretical instruction. The course is designed for Holistic Practitioners, Health Care Workers/Aids, **Registered Massage Therapists, Massage Practitioners, Reflexologists, Nurses, Estheticians, Spa Owners, Hair Stylists, anyone who may be contemplating a career in Holistic Therapies and individuals who wish to receive professional training for home and personal use.
The course is also open as a General Interest Workshop Course for individual who would like to receive professional training in Indian Head Massage or Indie Head Massage, for home use (to use for their children and their loved ones who need some extra TLC)!
This course will teach all the techniques used during an Indie Head Massage and/or Indian Head Massage Routine and then combine the techniques into a 20 minute routine and a full 1 hour routine. The practical content of the course consists of demonstrations and practical exchanges.
Theoretical Content includes: History, Theory, Principals and Application of Indie Head Massage/Indian Head Massage. You will learn about anatomy & physiology, pathology, possible benefits, precautions and contra-
A Certificate of Attendance and Completion of Training will be awarded at the end of the course and FULL Certification may be obtained by completing case studies, a written and practical exam (refer to certification details, below). **Registered Massage Therapists need only complete the IN-
COURSE FEES -
Certificate of Attendance and Completion of Training
1. The Written Exam worth 45% of the final written mark. The exam covers all materials included in the course manual. This is a 1 hour exam and the format is multiple choice. The written exam must be completed within 3 months of the in-
2. You must complete 40 case studies, consisting of 5 sessions each on 8 non-
3. The Practical Exam is worth 45% of your final mark. The practical exam consists of you doing a full treatment on the instructor. You must be able to demonstrate your knowledge of the techniques learned and the proper sequence in which to do them. The passing mark of the Practical Exam is 80%. You have 9 months to complete the Practical Exam.
4. You have 9 months to complete the entire course for FULL Certification.
$100.00 payable at time of testing (Written Exam) covers both the written and practical exams.
By the end of the course the student will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the theoretical principals and explain to clients what an Indie Head Massage/Indian Head Massage is and what the possible benefits are.
2. Be able to perform an Indie Head Massage/Indian Head Massage session on a client, using the techniques taught in class (20 minute routine and a 1 hour routine).
3. Demonstrate an understanding of anatomy & physiology and pathology as it relates to Indie Head Massage and Indian Head Massage
4. Perform a client consultation and complete a client record session card
5. Understand and be able to explain the difference between general cautions and special cautions
6. Identify the contraindications and know when not to perform this massage on a client
7. Understand and knowing when to modify sessions for special groups
8. Apply best business practices and implement health, safety and sanitation standards in their practice
9. Understand and always work within the limits and scope of their level expertise and profession
10. Demonstrate professionalism and engage at all times in a code of conduct beneficial to their clients and profession
Will travel to other areas for groups of 5 or more, (travel charges may apply)
Indian/Indie Head Massage Courses Offered in Toronto, GTA, Ontario
Introductory 2 Hour Workshop
Our INDIE Head Massage Program is RECOGNIZED BY THE CMTO
COLLEGE OF MASSAGE THERAPIST OF ONTARIO FOR CAT. A (7) CEUs